How to use xytotest
Self-Sampling for HPV is Safe and Convenient
1. Wash your hands before using the device.
2. Remove the lid of the vial and place the container in a safe place.
3. Remove XytoTest from its peel-pack package and remove the protective plastic cap from the XytoTest device, holding the device by its base.
4. Finding a comfortable position is important. It may be by lying down in a face-up position to relax the vaginal opening muscles facilitating the insertion of the self-sampling device. Gently, insert the XytoTest device into the vaginal canal until the wing on the device reaches the outer labia. Once the device reaches the desired level of insertion, turn the device three times 360 degrees clockwise to collect cervical cells. Gently pull out the device out of the vagina.
5. Immediately transfer the device to the vial containing liquid preservative, placing the sample collector area of the device into the vial and stir the device for 30 seconds until the collected specimens are released. Close the vial tightly.
6. Dispose the device into a trash can and prepare the sample for shipment to testing facility.
Note: self-sampling with XytoTest is as reliable as DNA-HPV test using cells taken by your doctor. If your self-sampling test results are positive, please contact your physician to start treatment early.